Family Tree Maker 2019
Family Tree Maker 2019 is one of the most popular genealogy software globally; it is used by millions worldwide and rated 5-stars by most of its clients. Ancestry.com developed the software, and in 2016 Mackiev purchased the software and its copyrights.
Why choose Family tree maker 2019?
- Family Tree Maker 2019 offers users a wide variety of options and features to make the FTM software successful and take it to the next level:
- Family Tree Maker 2019 provides a user-friendly interface that allows users to find the correct information about their family tree.
- Family Tree Maker 2019 allows users to create a complete family tree with one software.
- This tool helps you mark significant moments in your family’s history and create a timeline that you can follow.
- Family tree creator 2019 allows users to share their family tree with their family members, friends, or relatives.
- Whether a beginner or an expert researcher, the FTM allows you to build your family history quickly. It features simple navigation, tree-building tools, and integrated web search. This program will provide a wealth of information that your family will treasure for many years.
How to Download Family Tree Maker 2019?
If you’re already a registered family tree maker user, you must upgrade the old FTM to FTM 2019. You can request an FTM 2019 upgrade link to upgrade your FTM.
Both Mac, as well as Windows users can use FTM 2019 software.
The family tree maker software is available from the Mackiev.com website for new users. Here are the steps that will lead you through downloading the FTM 2019 software.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1. Open your browser and then visit the Mackiev.com website.
Step 2. Choose the “Family Tree Maker” option from the menu at the top.
Step 3. A new page will be displayed, and there will be a buy button. Click it.
Step 4: The users will be asked to select a country.
Step 5: On the new screen, users will see the list. Click on the family tree maker at the top of this page.
6. In the viewer’s display, they’ll see three choices.
They’re in the following order:
- Download (FTM 2019 ) for Mac and windows )
- Download with DVD (FTM 2019 on Mac and windows )
- Download (USB+ Download (FTM 2019 for Mac and windows )
Step 7. Customers can choose an option to add the family bundle to their cart—Now, you can use FTM 2019 on various devices.
Step 8 in this step, users can select the option to use a tree vault in the display. This is an additional, free option service for FTM 2019 customers for one year. After one year, if the user wishes to keep this service, it’ll cost $1.99/month. Users can control the tree via their mobile phones with the tree vault service.
- Emergency Tree Restores Service: This feature in the tree vault assists users in keeping an archive of trees. The user’s tree can be restored using this emergency restoration service if deleted due to a disk crash.
- Family Tree Maker Connects: It’s a mobile app that allows users to keep on top of the FTM 2019, even when the PC is shut off. (This application is available on the appropriate store for iPad, iPhone, and Android phones.)
- Historical Weather This tool helps to keep track of dates. Users can manage dates and events using the historical weather tool within the Tree Vault.
Step 9: Users will receive the FTM 2019 companion manual. The guide provides all information needed to utilize FTM 2019 software. The price is $24, and you can add the companion guide for FTM2019 to your cart if you’d like to. It is available in the traditional spiral format compatible with Windows and Mac.
Step 10. Users can see the bootstrap of Ken Hess in this step. Participants can read about the competition to learn about the story of a family tree maker within this book.
Step 11: Now, users will see the charts and charting assistant 7. Users can create charts and color code more quickly with the charting companion.
Here is a listing of the features that are available in Charting Companion 7
- DNA Matrix: This Matrix shows the distribution of DNA within the family.
- DNA Simulation: DNA simulation helps users determine whether the family member who has been adopted is a suitable fit. This feature makes it simpler for the adopted family member to fit into the family tree.
- DNA matches: Many people aren’t in your family tree; however, their DNA is identical to yours. DNA matches aid the user in finding other people in their family tree that share the same DNA. DNA matches can be classified into two groups.
They’re in the following order:
- The DNA of a Family: The family members listed are in the category.
- Outsiders DNA Match: Users will receive an overview of those who have DNA that matches theirs, but the source of the match is unknown in this category.
Step 12: On this page, users will see DNA testing and genealogy software developed by Blaine Bettinger. Users can find more details about DNA testing in FTM 2019. If you want to purchase the software, it’s $24.
Step 13: Users will see the creator of their family’s book. This is a plugin that works with Family Tree Maker. ( available only on Windows ). Users can convert the reader into an elaborate personalized text in minutes in just a couple of clicks. The book can be converted into various formats, including DOCX, DOC, RTF, or independent formats like the PDF format, EPUB, JPEG, and PNG.
Step 14: It is a game for children that helps them learn about their relatives. This is a game designed for children to discover their family’s history and members.
Step 15 Users can view Maureen Taylor’s basic photography organizing course online. This book contains seven lessons as well as the bonus section, which are in the following order:
- Getting Started
- Digital Organization
- Do’s and Don’t’sDon’t’s
- The life of the photograph
- Could you keep it safe?
- Keep on Track
- Labeling and organizing
- Photo Albums
Step 16 You choose to save images of the family members within this area. Maureen Taylor assists users with the preservation and organizing of family photos. Users will receive an ebook of 208 pages.
Step 17. Templates in Family Tree Maker are the best reference to citation in that they help users through the source of their history and the evidence.
18. Users can purchase the family tree 2019 coffee mug in this step. The price is 12 dollars for one cup and $39.95 for a 4-pack of cups.
Step 19: The users will be asked to provide basic information like their first name, first name, last name, email address, phone number, state, country address, city, and zip code.
Stage 20: Input the required details and choose an option to pay before moving to another step. Users are now required to complete the payment, and they will receive an email containing a link to the FTM 2019 Download after the payment process is complete.
Install Family Tree Maker 2019
To install the family tree maker 2019, you need to follow these steps.
- First, use your family tree maker CD or USB Drive to install the family tree maker and open the .exe file.
- Your installing process will be executed when you click the .exe file and click the file.
- Following this, you’ll get the welcome screen. Now, click Next.
- Choose I agree with the terms of the license agreement option and then click Next.
- You will then be able to find the default location in which the family tree maker’s files are stored. Once you’ve done that, you click the following button.
- Then, you’ll be able to see the Install button. Click then the button to install. Family Tree Maker Software will begin installing. It is possible to track the progress of the installation on the status of the setup.
- Once the installation has been completed, click the “Finish” button. Your software for creating family trees has been successfully installed.
You can quickly install the family tree maker if you follow the steps.
Family Tree Maker 2019 is not opening in Windows.
Family Tree Maker is one of the most popular genealogy programs, creating family trees, charts, and reports. However, when you use the family tree maker, you might sometimes receive errors when you try to start it, and these errors could be corrupted files.
Family Tree Maker is not working in Windows; Family Tree Maker 2019 stopped working on Windows 10, Family tree maker 2019 keeps crashing, etc. These errors can sometimes prevent you from starting the program. This blog will explain a few standard solutions to these problems.
Steps to take if Family Tree Maker is not opening in windows 10:
Step 1: Check whether your Family Tree Maker is installed correctly or not?
If the Windows operating system on your PC is out of date, Family Tree Maker 2019 may not work correctly. To ensure that you have a good experience, we recommend that you update the version of Windows that is running and then use Family Tree Maker.
Method 1: Reinstall Family Tree Maker 2019 on the Computer
Follow the below-given simple steps and reinstall Family Tree Maker 2019 on your system.
- Install the Family Tree Maker 2019 software using a USB drive or CD and click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will begin immediately after clicking on the .exe file.
- Soon, a welcome screen will appear in front of you; click on the Next button.
- Select I accept in the license agreement checkbox and click on the Next button.
- Then you will see the default location of the family tree maker file. You can change it or click the nest button if you want.
- Then, the install button will appear in front of you; click on it.
- Once installation is completed, click on finish.
Method 2: Check other software installed on the computer.
Sometimes, some antivirus, security software, and firewall interfere with the Family Tree Maker sync. To ensure that your problem isn’t caused by something other than Family Tree Maker, start your computer in Safe Mode (for Mac users) or Clean Boot (for Windows users).
Once in Safe Mode or Clean Boot, try to sync your tree again. Besides, turn off your firewall, antivirus, and security software if this is successful; another program on your Computer conflicts with Family Tree Maker. After several attempts, please contact our support team if you still see the same problem.
Method 3: Still unable to sync Family Tree Maker?
If you are still unable to resolve the issue and still facing errors, more deep troubleshooting may be required.
Family Tree Maker 2019 FAQ
This is the faq section for family tree maker 2019. This section has answered some of the common questions users have.
How do I sync a tree between Family Tree Maker 2019 and Ancestry?
When syncing a tree between Family Tree Maker and Ancestry, you have automatic and manual options.
Although the auto-sync feature is high-speed and easy to use, the manual process is accurate and takes a long time to complete. You can choose any option according to your need and comfort.
Sign in Ancestry account. Once you have set your tree to be synced automatically, your tree will check for any conflicts between your ancestors and family trees when your application is opened or closed. You will be automatically transferred to the synced process if any disagreement is found.
If your tree is set up by hand synchronization, you can synchronize on request while working on the Family Tree Maker app. There are two ways to sync manually.
Manually Sync using the Plan Screen.
Step 1: When the connected tree opens, select Edit at the top left of your application screen.
Step 2: Select the Current Tree tab. It may help if you have a tree that you want to sync open in Family Tree Maker 2019 for Mac. Click the file menu and select “Open.” and select the appropriate tree on your PC.
Step 3: Search Tree Sync – Access the Ancestry box in the center of the screen and click the Sync Now button.
Manually Sync using the Sync Status icon.
Synchronizing Family Tree Maker with your Ancestry account is very easy! Go to the top right corner of Family Tree Maker 2019, click the Sync status icon, and then click Sync Now. Next, click on the Ancestry tab from the release menu, then click Download.
How to Transfer Family Tree Maker 2019 From One Computer to Another Computer?
Users can quickly transfer the family tree maker from one computer to another computer with a USB flash drive.
If you do not have one, it may be worth your time to purchase it before proceeding with the steps below.
On the first computer:
- Open FTM 2019 on your computer with your current FTM tree.
- Make a complete backup copy of your FTM tree.
- Navigate to the backup file you created and copy the file to your flash drive.
- Extract your flash drive to the original computer.
On a second computer:
- Connect the flash drive to the USB port available on the computer. You want to transfer your FTM tree.
- Copy the backup file to your computer database before proceeding with the restore process.
- Open FTM 2019, click the file menu, and select Restore.
- In the dialog that appears, go to the location where you have saved the backup file, then select the file, and click Open.
- Select the location on your database where you want your tree to be stored (FTM tree files are usually held in the Family Tree Maker folder in your Documents folder).
- Be sure to sign in to TreeVault with the same account you used when creating the Antenna tree on the original computer.
- Click View> Tree Browser or click the Select Treepop-up menu on the left of the main toolbar and click Tree Browser. The Tree Browser window appears.
- Select TreeVaulton on the left and click Next in the lower right corner in the Tree Browser window.
- Click the Find FTM Source button.
- Select your tree in FTM Source Treecolumn Results.
- Ensure the selected tree is the tree you returned to step 5 (double-check tree). Then click Use As Source Tree.
- Your tree is connected to an Antenna tree and becomes an FTM Source tree. Changes to this new Source tree on only a second computer will work on your Antenna tree.
- Suppose you close your recovery tree back to step 5 and do steps 6-10 without the open tree. Then the Fountain tree will open automatically.
What is Update 24.0.1 for FTM 2019 ?
The 24.0.1 update is for those users of Family Tree Maker 2019 who are having trouble syncing with Ancestry and who want to use FamilySearch features.
How to Get the Update
To get the accessible version of 24.0.1, you must have Family tree maker 2019 on your computer. Because before you use the update, it will check Family Tree Maker 2019 version 24.0 (build 230) on your computer.
You must Sync your trees before installing a new update. If syncing was successful in the past, try to sync it again before updating Family Tree Maker 2019. You can skip this step as you progress to Family Tree Maker 2017.
As recommended, compile and make a backup copy of your trees if necessary before any significant changes to Family Tree Maker 2019. You can do that by clicking Tools and then a compiled file, and you can also click the file and then Backup to make a backup copy of your tree. While making a backup copy, include Media and Restore Sync.
How to Find Updater
You can receive an update of 24.0.1 via email sent to you from Mackie. You can also find it in the windows report synchronization report in your Family Tree Maker 2019. You can also install this update from the help menu in Family Tree Maker 2019.
Once you have received the updates, click on them to install them. You can follow the on-screen instructions for the download link on the Development Center page. After downloading the update, click on it to launch the update itself.
How to print Family Tree in Family tree maker 2019?
Do you want to print a family tree maker, then follow the process mentioned below:
- It would be best to have a tree you want to print open and go to the Publish workspace.
- Select “Charts” from the Publishing Types list.
- Then, select the “Extended Family” Chart, then.
- Click the “Create Chart” button in the lower right corner.
- Select the “Enter everyone individually” box.
- Click the “Share” button in the upper right corner of the window and select Send to a one-page PDF.
- When the PDF export options box appears, click OK.
- Enter a file name, select a location, and click Save in the dialog box.
- Your chart is now ready to be uploaded to a flash drive, CD, or copy shop website.
- A message appears asking if you want to open the posted chart. Click Yes.
- When the chart is open, select Print from the file menu.
- Select your printer, set any other options you need in the print box, and then.
- Click Print.
How to Fix Display Issues in Family Tree Maker 2019?
- The first thing you need to do is find the Family Tree Maker. You can find this shortcut in the start menu, the desktop screen, or the taskbar.
- After that, you will need to right-click on the shortcut. Then select the ‘Properties’ option from the drop-down list provided.
- You will have a ‘Properties’ chat window displayed on the current screen if you do that. After that, you will need to select the ‘Compatibility‘ tab.
- You should now check the ‘Disable display rating in advanced DPI settings, selecting the OK button.
- And now, finally, you need to ‘Restart‘ your Family Tree Maker to make sure the problem has been resolved or not.
How to Download a Tree from Ancestry to Family Tree Maker 2019?
To download a tree from the ancestry account, go to the top right corner of the program window and click on Ancestry with three leaves. Then select the ‘Download a tree from Ancestry’ option in the popup menu.
- You can also go to select New in the File menu. Then click the ‘Download from Ancestry’ option. You will be able to Download Tree from Ancestry to FTM (Family Tree Maker 2017 or Family Tree Maker 2019).
- Now on the screen displayed. The ‘Download to Ancestry’ box will open. You will see a list of trees in your Ancestry account on the left.
- You can filter the tree list by name, creation date, maintenance date, or status according to your suitability.
- If you want to undo the filter system, you can delete the ‘Filter by an ascending program’ checkbox.
- To be able to view the tree in Ancestry before downloading. You need to select a tree from the list and click on the ‘Show Tree Online’ tab.
- Then if you want to remove an unwanted tree, you will need to select it first and click the ‘Remove Tree’ button.
How to Delete Multiple Persons in Family Tree Maker 2019?
When you see, Delete multiple people in FTM with the same name, if you did not create them, it was a built-in system, so you need to delete more people. Use any chart to publish workspace in family tree maker.
It is always best to keep only those people on the chart in your family. Then, you can work on the chart and narrow down the list. If the graph has a list of people to remove, you need to click anywhere on the chart and select it.
“Remove from files> selected people” in the chart.
You can also select individuals. You can also choose everyone by holding down the ctrl and clicking the mouse left.
“Remove from files> selected people.”
How to Repair a Corrupted file in family tree maker 2019?
If the Family Tree Maker File is wholly or partially damaged, you may not be able to open the file, or you will get a few, or all the information will not show. It is frustrating to see this situation because it is not just an inaccessible file, but your years of hard work and research are at stake.
Backup and restore
There may be various ways to fix or correct corruption and damage to your Family Tree Maker 2019 file.
You can restore a backup copy of the file created before the damage occurs. Therefore, it is advisable to regularly keep your data on a computer, on external drives such as a flash/thumb drive, external hard disk, or in the cloud.
Tree Vault & Emergency Tree Restoration
Tree Vault in Family Tree Maker 2019 help users to back up tree in the clouds. So, with the help of Emergency Tree Restore, you can easily back up your uploaded information in the event of a data loss.
Compact File & Extended Analysis
Unfortunately, if you have not received a hard copy of the tree file and you have not uploaded your Family Tree Maker 2019
tree to Tree Vault, you can try to merge the Family Tree Maker tree file. It is easy to edit a file if no backup is available. If your tree file is recoverable, it is less damaged; this step can help.
First, close the open File in Family Tree Maker 2019. Click Tools, click Compiled File, and Select Extended Analysis. It may take some time to assemble the file, depending on the size of the file. Once you have added it, you will see the percentage of how much it is compiled. Keep mixing it up to 0.00%
Download File as GEDCOM
Even after compiling a file, it does not work; try exporting the Family Tree Maker File in the GEDCOM format. The GEDCOM format will have a basic knowledge of the tree, but at least you will be able to restore some basic, if not all, of the information.
Click file, click Export, select GEDCOM in “Output Format,” and click OK. Next, check the location of the file you are submitting as GEDCOM. Then, you can import the file into your Family Tree Maker.
Download from Ancestry
It is recommended that you sync your tree with Ancestry regularly so that if you have such problems, you can download the updated tree from Family Tree Maker.
Click New Tree, and then on the left, you will find “Download Tree From Ancestry,” and you will find all the trees you have in Ancestry. You can download the tree and work on your family history.
When will be family tree maker be the next update?
Family tree maker 2019 is the latest version in use. However, there is no official announcement about the upgrade. Many users expect the family tree maker 2021 release, but we don’t conform with users about any update before any official information.
Disclaimer: familytreemaker2019upgrade.com is a technical service provider that supports family tree maker.
We have no affiliation of any kind with Mackiev or other products. Use brand names, trademarks of third parties, services, or products for reference.
We reject any third party’s authorization, cooperation, or sponsorship. You can also request our customer service that supports the family tree maker to provide you with contact details of any type you wish to contact.